Visit the University of Minnesota Extension website to find a list of recommended trees for the twin cities and southeast Minnesota. The webpage includes links where you may select a certain tree species based on specific characteristics you are looking for in a new tree for your yard.
Prohibited trees in St. Anthony:
(1) All elms (Ulmas all species);
(2) Ginkgo/Maiden Fair female (Ginkgo biloba);
(3) All red or black oaks (Quercus red species);
(4) Boxelder (Acer Negundo);
(5) Eastern Cottonwood (Populus deltoides); and/or
(6) Lombardy Poplar (Populus nigra italica).
Arbor Day Foundation Tree Planting Guide
Tree City USA
The City of St. Anthony participates in Tree City USA
St. Anthony Tree Inventory (2021)
An assessment of the vegetation structure, function, and value of the Saint Anthony trees was conducted during 2021. Data from 832 trees located throughout Saint Anthony Village were analyzed using the i-Tree Eco model developed by the U.S. Forest Service, Northern Research Station. View the report here.