- Police Department
- Accountable and Transparent
- PD Partnerships & Inclusion
Goal One Accomplishments: Increase Community Partnerships & Inclusion
- Creation of a social media team of officers to post to social media sites. Officers are responsible for creating creative content, providing a quick response to share info about evolving events, and to interact with the community through social media.
- Created accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Worked collaboratively with departments that have proven success with community engagement through social media: Pasco, Washington Police Department and Hawthorne, California Police Department.
- Presented at the Minnesota Toward Zero Death Conference to assist other departments throughout the State of Minnesota with the successful development and use of social media.
Utilize Cable Access
- Partnered with NineNorth (formerly, CTV North Suburbs) during the Cops vs. Kids community basketball event to live-stream the game to the community.
- Partnering with NineNorth to develop promotions describing community engagement initiatives to be shared via our social media accounts.
Increase Community Engagement and Educational Efforts
View a complete list of St. Anthony Police Department community engagement partnerships, programs
- Continued Coffee with a Cop and developed strategic ways to meet community members where they are.
- Resurrected the Citizen’s Academy with an altered training schedule to better meet the needs of attendees and increase participation.
- Created a Women in Policing Citizen’s Academy to highlight the many female police officers and the various positions that they hold within the industry.
- Built on the success of Cops vs. Kids basketball event to include a local DJ, NineNorth, food trucks, and play-by-play announcing with officers.
- Provide educational information through social media on a regular basis to keep the community up-to-date on recent crime trends and types as an attempt to help them avoid becoming victims.
- Began collecting data on the community engagement time each officer spends to recognize and reward this directed effort.
- Updated policy to interweave community engagement into nearly all patrol efforts, seeing every citizen contact as a community engagement opportunity.