Hauler Recycling Schedules
In case you forget your recycling week, view your hauler's calendar below:
- Republic Recycling Calendar (PDF)
- Walters Recycling Calendar (PDF)
- Waste Management Recycling Calendar (PDF)
A - Z Recycling Guides
Is that mysterious item recyclable? Need help disposing of clothing, shoes, toasters, paint or light bulbs? Learn how to dispose of just about anything with these easy to use recycling guides:
In 2012, the nation-wide recycling rate of 34% conserved the equivalent amount of energy contained in 11.5 billion gallons of gasoline.
Recycling also creates jobs.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
The waste management hierarchy, also known as the "three Rs," suggests that most importantly, we REDUCE how much waste we produce. After reducing waste, it's important that we REUSE material without adding any type of industrial process, or energy use. If waste items cannot be reduced or reused, it's important that we RECYCLE as much as possible to prevent new material from being harvested. Pay attention to what you buy to minimize packaging waste and consider how to reuse your purchases before putting it out on the curb with your recyclables.
BizRecyclingFor businesses, a program called BizRecycling helps with starting, expanding, improving and managing business recycling for those located in Ramsey and Washington Counties. BizRecycling connects businesses with recycling experts who help identify recycling and waste reduction opportunities, as well as a recycling grant program of up to $10,000 per business to start or improve business recycling. Visit the BizRecycling website for more information.
City Recycling Bins
Watch for these recycling bins positioned throughout St. Anthony public parks.
|St. Anthony Haulers
||Where Recycling Goes
||Where Trash Goes
|Allied / BFI
|Aspen||Waste Management MRF, Pioneer Papers
|Walters||Waste Management MRF, IP Paper, RockTenn
||Waste Management MRF
||Maple Grove Landfill
- How does the recycling get sorted?
- Do all of Saint Anthony's Haulers offer single-sort recycling?
- What's the deal with pop bottle caps?
- Can I recycle paper and cardboard that include plastic, such as envelopes?
- If it's single-sort, why are there still bins that say "cardboard only" or "cans only"?
- Can recycling be taken out in a plastic bag?
- What do I do with my shredded paper?
- Are tennis ball containers recyclable?
- How do I add recycling to an event?