- Climate Plan
The City of St. Anthony Village is building on our history of sustainability leadership by developing a Climate Plan by the end of 2023. The plan will focus on the next 1-5 years of implementation work in categories important to SAV, including water, waste, energy, and transportation. The plan will encompass City operations and our City’s entire footprint, including residents and businesses, so we will need everyone’s help to set meaningful goals and then accomplish the goals that we set through collaboration. The plan and implementation steps will be built from the history of leadership in SAV, through input from leaders, residents, business owners, and utilizing best practices in the industry such as what has worked in other similar communities. The Plan will provide implementable next steps and flexibility for adapting as changes occur.
Learn more about the City’s sustainability work.
How to Get Involved
- Take the community wide survey this summer.
- Monday, June 5: Attend the Parks and Environmental Commission meeting at City Hall.
- Attend City Council meetings later in the year when the Plan draft is discussed.
- Check this website for additional updates and announcements on ways to get involved that will be added throughout the year.
- Because more than 90% of a community’s climate footprint occurs from businesses and residences outside of the direct control of City operations, we need everyone’s help! You can be thinking about steps you can take such as energy and water conservation, waste reduction and reducing vehicle miles travelled, among other actions, as we develop this plan.
- Share your thoughts with Parks and Environmental Commissioners
What will the plan include?
The Climate Plan is expected to be built to be easy to read and implement. It is expected to include the following sections:
- Vision and Mission.
- Existing Condition Analysis.
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
- Climate/greenhouse gas goals with timelines for goal completion.
- A menu of strategies and tactics to achieve goals.
|March||April||May||June||Summer||August||September||October||November to December|
|Parks and Environment Commission/City Council discussion regarding scope of Plan||Gather data on existing conditions||Greenhouse gas inventory through Regional Indicators Initiative||Discuss chapter outline with Commission based on initial information gathered||Gather public input via events and an online survey||Begin drafting the plan based on data, input and discussions||Share draft with Council and Commission||Modify draft plan based on feedback from leaders||Commission recommends City Council adopts Plan|